Commonly known as the City Beautiful, Chandigarh, the first planned city of India was designed by the famous French architect Le Corbusier. The city came into existence in 1952 when its foundation stone was laid. Located at the foothills of Shivaliks, it is known as one of the best experiments in urban planning and modern architecture. Further, the city got its name from a temple “Chandi Mandir” located near the city. “Chandi” symbolizes the goddess of power and “garh” means fortress, which translates into “the fort of the goddess Chandi.”There are numerous Chandigarh Flights operating for the travellers to provide them a convenient and smooth travel experience.
It is a tourism paradise known for its cleanliness, traffic rules, serene lake, beautiful gardens, bustling markets & vibrant culture. Every year, lakhs of people come here to enjoy the beauty of the city.
Chandigarh Flights(Operating from and to Chandigarh Airport)
Chandigarh Airport incorporates both Domestic and International terminal with connecting flights to major cities of India and few from the overseas.
Popular Domestic Flights from Chandigarh are:
- Chandigarh to Mumbai Flights
- Chandigarh to Srinagar Flights
- Flight Route from Chandigarh to Hyderabad
- Chandigarh to Delhi Flights
- Flight Route from Chandigarh to Goa
- Flight Route from Chandigarh to Bengaluru
- Flight Route from Chandigarh to Lucknow
- Chandigarh to Ahmedabad Flights
- Chandigarh to Leh Flights
- Flight Route from Chandigarh to Kolkata
- Chandigarh to Jaipur Flights
- Chandigarh to Pune
- Flight Route from Chandigarh to Kullu
- Chandigarh to Dharamshala Flights
- Flight Route from Chandigarh to Indore
Likewise, popular International Flights from Chandigarh are:
- Chandigarh to Dubai Flights
- Flight Route from Chandigarh to Sharjah
- Flight Route from Chandigarh to Kathmandu
- Chandigarh to Singapore Flights
- Flight Route from Chandigarh to Doha
You know Chandigarh Weather has one of the most travel friendly climate to roam in the city? Do read about it!
The airlines operating at Chandigarh Airport are:
- Alliance Air (Air India)
- Air Asia
- Go Air
Chandigarh Flights : Mandatory Check-In & Boarding Rules
For Domestic Travels
- Check-in counters closes 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- Boarding gates close 25 minutes prior to departure at all airports.
- Passengers must be present at the boarding gate no later than the time specified by their airlines when they check in or any subsequent announcements made at the airport.
- It is mandatory for all passengers to do their web check-in 48 hours and 60 min before flight departure.
For International Travels
- Check-in counters closes 75 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
- Boarding gates close 25 minutes to departure at all airports.
- Passengers must be present at the boarding gate no later than the time specified by the airlines when they check in or any subsequent announcements made at the airport.
- We recommend that passengers report for Check-in at least 3 hours prior to the departure of the scheduled flight.
- Passenger journey will be smoother if they allow themselves ample time to comply with the Check-in timelines.
IMPORTANT NOTE: COVID RELATED
Due to Covid-19 scenario, all the flights might not be serviceable. They might be temporarily or permanently suspended. Most importantly, every person needs to carry their fully vaccinated certificates in order to travel.
Connectivity from Chandigarh
For all the passengers intending to reach the Chandigarh Airport, know that it is located at an approximate distance of 19 km. Follow the route:
- Firstly, the best route to reach the airport is via Airport-Aerocity Road in Mohali because the road is wide and well built.
- Second, take the Jagaptpura Bypass Road adjoining Phase 9 towards IISER (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research).
- Then, make a left turn on Airport-Aerocity Road and then another left towards the international airport. You will see signboards along the way.
- Lastly, the distance from The Tribune chowk to the airport is 15.1 km. Also, one can opt for bus, taxi, autorickshaw, private vehicles or rail.
Connectivity from Zirakpur
All the passengers coming from Zirakpur must follow this route:
- First, take the Airport-Aerocity Road from either NH 64 or NH 22 depending on where you are coming from.
- Next, turn right towards the international airport following the signboards.
Vehicles are parked in the parking area outside terminal. Rates are subject to change anytime without prior notice.
Chandigarh Airport Address and Contact Details
Chandigarh Mohali Airport (IXC) Address: New Civil Air Terminal, Jhiurheri, District: SAS Nagar, Punjab, India. 160004
Telephone: +91 172 2659886
Fax: +91 172 2659887
To summarize, Chandigarh Airport, located in Mohali, has multiple daily flights and many airlines offer budget and rebate on air tickets. As a result, air travel a popular option in case of domestic travelers. The major airlines functioning are Air Asia, SpiceJet, Go Air, Indigo, etc. All the passengers must follow the mandatory check-in and boarding rules.
Furthermore, you might be interested in reading Chandigarh Police.
For more such content, updates and information, do follow us on ChandigarhBytes.