A registration certificate or RC is one of the most important documents that you must have especially when you live in a city like Chandigarh. The traffic rules in Chandigarh are very strict and you can’t get away with your vehicle if you don’t have RC. A vehicle registration certificate is an official document that is a proof that your vehicle is legitimate and you are the owner of the vehicle. Today we will tell you how to apply for registration certificate (RC) in Chandigarh. Apart from that if you have lost your registration certificate then still we have a little help for you. Keep reading.
How To Apply For Registration Certificate (RC) In Chandigarh
1. First visit the R&L and purchase ‘Registration of New Vehicle’ file from the sale counter. You also have an option to download the requisite forms from here.
2. Before moving further read the instructions carefully.
3. As per the checklist complete and attach all the asked forms or documents.
4. Now you need to get your Vehicle Inspection that will be done by Motor Vehicle Inspector. You can click here to know about the location and timings for vehicle inspection or passing.
5. Book an online appointment from R&LA official website.
6. Click here to know about the file submission location and timings.
7. Deposit your completed file and as per your token number go to the counter and pay the fees. Collect your file receipt. You can click here to know about the full fee structure.
8. Now go to the HSRP (High Security Registration Plate) counter. Deposit the fee and collect HSRP authorization slip & fee slip.
9. Now you are eligible to get your HSRP affixed on your vehicle from respective R&LA office.
10. Talking about your Registration Certificate or RC then it will be dispatched to your address.
How to Apply for Duplicate Registration Certificate
1. First, visit the R&L and purchase ‘Duplicate Registration Certificate’ file from the sale counter. You also have an option to download the requisite forms from here.
2. Read all the instructions carefully and fill the form accordingly.
3. Complete the form and attach all the necessary documents according to the checklist.
4. Book an online appointment from R&LA official website. Refer this link to check the file submission location and timings.
5. Check the fee structure here and deposit the fee and collect your file receipt.
6. After this process, your duplicate registration certificate will be dispatched to your address.
If you don’t understand any step then feel free to ask us in the below comment section.