The Indian government is all set to step into the third phase of vaccination. Now, you can get your elderly vaccinated against the COVID by registering them on the Cowin website. Senior citizens aged above 60 years and elderly aged 45 with comorbidities can get themselves registered to get vaccinated.
A user guide to let know all the know-how of the registration process has been uploaded on the websites of the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and the National Health Authority (NHA).
Important things to note…
- There is no CoWIN app on the PlayStore for registration as the app is for administrators only.
- The registrations opened at 9 AM on March 1 and will be open till 3 PM every day. The availability of slots nearby to get vaccinated is subject to availability.
Follow these simple steps for registration:
- Citizens can go to http://www.cowin.gov.in to register themselves or via the Aarogya Setu app, which has CoWIN app integration.
- Download the Aarogya Setu app from the play store or visit the Cowin.gov.in website from your desktop.
- Enter your mobile number and click on the OTP (One Time Password). Enter the OTP received on your mobile number and click on the verify button.
- In the Aarogya Setu app, go to the CoWin tab, and tap on the Vaccination tab. And then proceed.
- A registration page will appear where you will need to enter the photo ID type ( Driving License, Aadhaar Card as photo ID proof), number, and your full name, gender, and age of the person.
- If you are registering for the person with Comorbidities. Click yes, when they ask ‘Do you have any comorbidities (pre-existing medical conditions)’. People age between 45 years to 60 years will need to carry a medical certificate when they go for the appointment. Once registered, a confirmation message will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- After the registration is completed, the system will display account details. One person can add four more people linked to the mobile number verified before. You can click on the ‘Add button’ and enter the details of other individuals to register for them as well.
- There appears a column named ‘Action’ in front of the names. And alongside it, there is a calendar icon, where you can schedule an appointment.
- You will land on the “Book Appointment for Vaccination” page. Enter details like State/UT, District, Block, and Pincode. Hit the ‘ Search’ Button
- Choose the vaccination center at your convenience. You can also choose dates from the next week and then click on the “Book” option.
- An “Appointment Confirmation” page will open showing the details of the booking. You can either click on “Confirm” if the information is correct or click on “Back” to make changes.
- Viola! Your “Appointment is Successful” will appear showing all the details. You can also download and save the confirmation of the details.
- If in any circumstance, you want to reschedule your appointment, you can log in with your mobile number, enter OTP and make the changes by clicking on the edit icon below the ‘Action’ column against registered individuals.
For more updates, Follow @ChandigarhBytes on Instagram for the latest news-worthy updates!!