City of Sahibzada Ajit Singh (SAS Nagar), commonly known as Mohali, the rapidly growing and developing district of Punjab turns 11 today. On April 14, 2006, for the very first time, it is inaugurated as Punjab’s 18th district. Mohali got its name after Sahibzada Ajit Singh, the eldest son of Guru Gobind Singh. 18th District of Punjab, Mohali shares its boundary with the city beautiful, Chandigarh. In current time SAS Nagar Mohali is the best place for a dream house to live and also it is a good for the purpose of commercial space for office because it is going to become one of upcoming IT city.
Best about the District Of Punjab, Mohali
- Mohali the 18th district of Punjab has given many firsts to the state including the state’s first international cricket stadium, the first air-conditioned ISBT, first AC fruit and vegetable market, the state’s first IT City, the region’s biggest mall (North Country Mall), the state’s first Kisan Vikas Chamber.
- Residents of Tricity are Flying high with international air connectivity. It shares its boundary with Chandigarh and Panchkula.Mohali the rapidly growing and developing district of Punjab.
- Mohali is also known as the IT hub of Punjab, and it is also witnessing the state development and population is also increasing rapidly. The population of the district in 200 8.5 lakh, has now touched 11.5 lakh.
- Every facility is available here like good road network around 200 foot wide roads and people are getting the 24X7 supply of power and they are having adequate water supply and this is making Mohali is the best place for buying a house to live and it is also good for the purpose of commercial space of offices.
- It is going to have best Aero City, IT City, Medi City, Edu City and a skyscraper -World Trade Centre.
- International cricket and hockey stadium, new district administration and judicial complex, first-of-its-kind air-conditioned ISBT and an AC fruit and vegetable market.
- Mohali is ready to get its own public transport service. Today, the Mohali airport has a daily flight to Dubai and a flight to Sharjah thrice a week. Soon, the town will get a direct flight to Bangkok.
Born In 1975
- The foundation stone of 18th District of Punjab, Mohali was laid by the Punjab Chief Minister Giani Zail Singh and named it Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, the eldest son of Guru Gobind Singh. After its tenure, he named it as Ajitgarh.
- Records of foundation stone day are not available, ironically they are missing.
- Baljit Singh Papneja who painted and written the historic foundation stone of the Mohali has a picture of that day according to to the report publish in tribune news. He also remembers the spot where stone laid where at present industrial sheds are located behind the police station and adjoining Mohali’s first Kamla Market.