As we all know about the chandigarhians love for vehicles and also about the increasing number of vehicles in Chandigarh. This is causing problems related to traffic. So to ensure smooth flow of traffic in residential areas, Chandigarh administration is planning to introduce the concept of alternate side parking.
According to this rule, parking will be allowed on one side of the street on the even calendar day and on the other side to the odd calendar days. The policy will be tabled before UT adviser Parimal Rai and then sent to the UT administrator for approval.
What Is Included In The Alternate Side Parking:
The number of vehicles is rising in Chandigarh and there is no sufficient parking space in the city for vehicles because of this residents are parking on both sides of internal roads and this is causing chaos. This is the reason the Administration has come up with the idea of Alternate Side Parking to improve the public Transport. As per the proposal, odd-even parking restrictions will be imposed on wide roads within sectors. However, there will be a complete ban on narrow roads. There are some things about the Alternate Side Parking:
- On even calendar days, parking will be allowed on one side of the street, and on odd calendar days, on the other.
- After the enforcement residents will be able to park their cars only on the designated side of the street.
- Also, signage will be put on the streets informing about the restrictions.
- Police will also help in the proper implementation of the new plan.
- People who will try to violate the rule, they will have to pay Challan.
For the past few years, CTU has been making efforts to better public transportation and then came up with the idea of one-side parking. According to them, this will help to clear the other side of the road, thus enabling free movement of vehicles and pedestrians. CTU is also planning a fleet of e-rickshaws to drop commuters to their doorsteps. This is the right step but its effective enforcement should be there. Hope, Odd-even parking will help to control chaos on inner roads of sectors.