When it comes to electricity and water Chandigarh Administration never fails to deliver a quality service. Now being a good citizen of Chandigarh we pay our bills on time. Earlier people used to pay water bills by queuing up in long lines but two years ago in 2015 Chandigarh Administration let the citizens to pay their water bill online. This was one of the smartest moves to reduced the bill payment hassles. Unfortunately, still people are unaware of online facility and they still pay water bills offline. Today we will tell you how you can pay the online water bill in Chandigarh.
Before you know the actual process know that online water and water bill payment facility for citizens of Chandigarh has been given by Chandigarh Administration though e-sampark. To pay the online water bill in Chandigarh a special portal has been set up where users are able to take out a print of paid bill. If you are totally new to online payments then know that your payments are fully safe as the portal is hosted on Indian government server – nic.in
How To Pay Online Water Bill In Chandigarh
1. Click here to go to Sampark website it will redirect you to http://126.96.36.199/epayment/ which is Sampark’s online payment portal. Alternatively, you can also click here to visit Chandigarh Administration’s official website. Here you need to look for e-payment option in the sidebar and click on it.
2. We are assuming that this is your first time to pay the online water bill in Chandigarh. Well, you need to create an account first. Click on Sign Up and fill all the mandatory fields. When you fill rest of the details you need to setup username and password. Remember what you fill as you need it again when you need to pay the online water bill in Chandigarh again. After that enter your name, email ID, mobile number, address, and pin number.
3. When your account successfully created you will be redirected to a home page where you need to look for Login button, click on it and enter the username and password that you have recently generated.
4. After entering your credentials hit enter, now you can see your profile including all information like name, phone number, address, email and more.
5. On the top menu, you need to click on Service and then Water Bill from options. You also have an option to choose Electricity Bill or Property Tax also in case you have any due payments left for electricity or property tax.
6. Now as you are here to pay the online water bill in Chandigarh. Click on Water Bill option and enter the account number that you can find on your water bill. This is a onetime process. Next time it will automatically appear when you log in to the site.
If you want to check any outstanding bill then click on View Pay Outstanding from the top menu. From here you cannot just check the outstanding bill but also clear the dues instantly.
Generally, online payments are free but you will be charged a little amount when you pay the online water bill in Chandigarh. Though you will be not charged if you use AXIS Bank card. Here is a breakdown.
|Online Transaction Charges powered by Axis Bank|
|Through any Internet Banking||Rs. 0|
|Through any Debit Card||Rs. 0|
|Through any Credit Card||Rs. 0|
|Online Transaction Charges powered by PNB|
|Through Internet Banking||Rs 10/- per transaction|
|Note: For PNB Internet Banking users no transaction charges will be levied.|
|Through Debit Cardfirstname.lastname@example.org% for payments up to Rs.2000/-|
|@0.90% for payments above Rs.2000/-|
|Note: Applied w.e.f 27 jan 2018|
|Through Credit Card||@1% of the transaction amount|
|Plus Other||@18% Service Tax Under GST will be Charged only on Online Transaction Charges|
So this is how you pay the online water bill in Chandigarh. If you still have any question in your mind then feel free to ask us in the below comment section.