Chandigarh has some well-known open-air theaters that have given wings to fresh talents around the city. UT to witness one more open-air theater in chandigarh at sector 48.
After a long debate and the dilapidated state of the open-air theater in sector 48 is making headlines in the city. The theater was the talk of the town since the time of its inauguration. Chandigarh has one of the most amazing architectural places that are ruling the hearts of visitors and this theater will be one of them.
Everything To Know About Open-Air Theater in Chandigarh at Sector-48
In the year 2018, city Mayor Davesh Moudgil and MP Kirron Kher inaugurated an open-air theatre in the green belt pocket of Sector 48-C. The foundation was laid at the request of local artists from the southern sectors to have an open-air theater in Chandigarh.
The open-air theater will not only showcase local artists’ talent but will also help children to pursue their dream by seeing artists performing on the stage. Before the construction started the place was occupied by bushes and remained deserted for years. Due to the construction of this theater residents living there appreciated Chandigarh Admin for taking the decision. Residents felt isolated due to the less developed area. The project was commenced under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation which was launched by PM Modi in 2015 for urban transformation. People residing there were happy to see the construction as the place was used for anti-social activities.
- 3.5 acres of land will be used for the construction of an open-air theater in chandigarh.
- The place will be holding 1000 capacity people to witness the live performances at the theater.
- The architecture of the theater will resemble the Panjab University theater and will have a big circular stage.
- Park will also be constructed near the entrance of the theater.
- The park will be constructed with 310 feet long and 54 feet wide area.
- It will be known as one of the biggest open-air theaters in the city.
- The place will also have a big parking area that will resolve the problem of parking outside the theaters.
- The budget of the project will be around 65-75 lakh.
- The basic idea to construct the theater was to host cultural events or small meetings in sectors 38 and 48.
- People were facing problems as they had to locate northern sectors for events that were time-consuming and heavy on pockets.
Events Held at Newly Built Open-Air Theater in Chandigarh Sector 48
The theater will be holding its first event for the annual prize distribution ceremony for “Swachh Awards”. Mayor Sarbjit Kaur presented awards at the theater. It will be counted as one of the major events held at newly built theater.
As it is freshly built MC grants locals to visit the theater without any entry fee.
It was left disused for a longer period of time. The condition of the theater was inappropriate and residents complained about the sitting area as it was filled with long grass and bushes making it impossible to visit.
Till now there are 7 open-air theater in Chandigarh which are known for attracting visitors from all around the world.
As a result, an open-air theater in chandigarh at sector 48 will be opening new doors for fresh talents. Kids and locals will be able to showcase their talents without any hassle. Chandigarh Admin has been working hard towards making Chandigarh city a one-stop destination for tourists around the world. Each construction in UT is adding a step further toward the modern way of living.
Also, read other articles from ChandigarhBytes.