One of the most famous flowers shows in India, the Chrysanthemum show in chandigarh is organized every year at Terraced Garden, Sector 33. For the past 10 years, this show is held every year in the month of December. Chandigarh MC organizes it every year. Chandigarh is known as the “City of gardens” and the Chrysanthemum show adds charms to the city Chandigarh.
It’s a treasure trove for eyes that can’t be missed. Each year Terraced Garden is crowded with people to witness beautiful and charming varieties of flower Chrysanthemum.
Insider Details of Chrysanthemum Show in Chandigarh
- Every year Chrysanthemum show in chandigarh commenced on 10 December and this year it will be premiered from December 9-11.
- This year MC has spent 20 Lakh on the show to make it more interesting and exciting.
- There will be in total of 270 varieties of flowers to be exhibited this year.
- The zero-waste plastic event will be organized due to which no flex boards will be used.
- There are 4 entrances and each one will showcase something different.
- In the first entrance, 10 Digital screens will be used as they will provide insights into different varieties of Chrysanthemum flowers through slide shows.
- The second entrance will show a section that is dedicated to martyrs and will completely be decorated with flowers.
- The third entrance will be offered to children for them to play.
- The remaining fourth will be fully dedicated to the food parlor. The food parlor will be offering cultural delicacies from different states like, “litti chokha”.
- MP Kirron Kher will be inaugurating the show.
- Government and non-government institutions will be participating in various competitions held on that day.
Like every year this year too different animal shapes will be made using flowers such as a boat, camels, peacocks, cows, giraffes, lions, and other animals and birds.
Timings: 10 am-7 pm.
Entry is Free of Cost.
History Of the Chrysanthemum show
The Chrysanthemum flower was first cultivated in China in the 15th century. The flower originated from China and later it was imported to Japan for the purpose of medicinal purposes. It was during the Nara period (710-94).
Chrysanthemum stands for Chrysos-gold,anthemom-flower. It also means small, yellow, daisy-like flowers. This flower belongs to the Asteraceae family.
The Asteraceae family of daisies is the largest family in the botanical world. These flowers bloom in the autumn season.
- It is used to treat chest pain.
- It is effective in high blood pressure.
- It helps in controlling type 2 diabetes.
- Chrysanthemum helps in curing cold, headache, and dizziness.
- It lowers down swelling.
- In Southern China, it is considered as summer tea.
Chrysanthemum show has also been a reason for visitors around the world. It also adds to the city’s charm and importantly it is the biggest flower show hosted every year. Shows like these calm mind and soul. It’s a treat to the eyes. Don’t miss this event. You and your family will love this type of outing. Whether friends or family, anyone can visit it.
Also, read other articles on ChandigarhBytes.