Steps to apply for Voter ID Card: Voter’s id is a must for all the eligible voters of the country which lets you voice your opinion regarding who you deem to be the most appropriate and deserving political head for the administration of the state. Presently, there are over 8 crore eligible voters in the country.
Here are the simple steps to apply for voter id card in Chandigarh
Online Procedure –
- Visit the official website of the Election Commission of India, then in the National Services column, click on ‘Apply Online for registration of new order’.
- Fill in your details in the ‘Form 6’ carefully.
- After filling in the details, carefully re-check the details.
- Then click ‘submit’, an application reference number will be generated which you have to note down, this number will be used to track application in future.
- After processing the information, a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your residence to verify the authenticity of the information provided.
- Then your Voter id card will be sent to your residence after the verification has been successfully done.
Offline Procedure –
- Visit the electoral office and collect a copy of ‘Form 6’.
- Carefully fill in the details and attach the required copies of the documents with the Form.
- A reference number will be allotted to you on submission of the form.
- A Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your residence to verify the authenticity of the details.
- After successful verification, the Voter id card will be dispatched at your address mentioned by you in the form.