The city beautiful is ready to get greener because the Municipal corporation (MC) has decided to plant 40,000 trees and shrubs in the financial year of 2017-2018 and for this project they are going to submit details under the Green Chandigarh Action Plan to the forest department. For this financial year, the civic body is planning to distribute around 25000 plants.
What Is Included In The Plan :
- In this project of horticulture department trees will be planted in various loctions to make chandigarh more greener.
- All the dead and dangerous trees would be firstly identified and then it would be replaced.
- Around 10,000 will be trees and the rest will be shrubs. A majority of the shrubs will be planted in parks and gardens.
- Planting trees will be done in different slots, around 12,000 saplings of trees and shrubs from April to June, 18,000, 7,375 and 4,000 saplings from July to September, October to December and January to March, respectively .
- According to the plan, the authority will distribute and sell 7,000 trees in first quarter and 9,500, 4,000 and 4,500 in rest of the three quarters.
Places where these plantation will be done:
- Trees will be planted in neighbourhood parks, green belts, gardens and on roadsides.
- In Mango Garden situated at Rajendra Garden.
- In two new parks in Sectors 49 C and D.
- Coming up with a green belt in Subhash Nagar in Manimajra area of the city.
Green cover around us is very important to maintain the ecological system and for development cutting trees are important. But if trees are cutting then it’s our duty to plant more trees for the proper balance.